PolyRenew® Polystyrene Overview
PolyRenew® Polystyrene line of products represents the latest advancements in polystyrene pellets made with sustainability in mind. Originally developed for use in foodservice applications, our flagship PolyRenew® line contains up to 25% post-consumer recycled polystyrene.
The post-consumer recycled polystyrene undergoes a complex washing, blending and polymerization process to create a PolyRenew® resin. As a single pellet product, PolyRenew® Polystyrene maintains traceability and post-consumer recycle material source control for product consistency.
PolyRenew® 1625 Benefits:
· Similar physical, mechanic and thermal properties to virgin high-heat general-purpose polystyrene
· Low melt flow rate
· Consistent clarity, process-ability and performance
· Pellet form with an off-white clarity
· Brilliant gloss
· Stiffness in thermoforming and extrusion
· Suitable for injection molding and extrusion processes
· Exceptional clarity and attractive light-transmission properties
· Chemical resistance and radiation stability typical of virgin polystyrene
· Effective at keeping hot foods hot and cold foods cold
· Reduces environmental impact
Our research and development team is available to provide advice and counsel on the use of PolyRenew® products. To learn more about how PolyRenew® products can help converters and packagers reduce their environmental impact without reducing the quality of their product, contact us at 844-512-1212.